Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nkkumi01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Chicago/Louisville
I don't mind waiting for the 24 hrs required for porting, but why can't I use the iphone, if only to browse thru the settings, and add songs movies, etc. Why is it still locked up even though i'm registered with att's service. This was a really stupid decision by apple, i'm seriously considering returning the phone.

I paid 676.89 for this phone, can at least play with the multi touch while i wait for service activation. :mad:

jshbckr

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
It probably wasn't Apple's decision. It was probably AT&T's end of the deal. They want to make sure people won't just come in and buy an iPhone but not use their service. That way you can't bypass AT&T.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Returning it because you have to wait up to 24hrs for activation before playing. Many are having much worse problems.

Be glad you only have less then 24hrs to go :p

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
AT&T can port your number over in seconds - its the OTHER provider that has you number that is causing the slowness. Been down that road many times with corporate accounts. Its all about you now former provider "releasing" the number.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
AT&T can port your number over in seconds - its the OTHER provider that has you number that is causing the slowness. Been down that road many times with corporate accounts. Its all about you now former provider "releasing" the number.

Im a Sprint customer and they did a 24 hour hold not AT&T - after two hours on the phone with sprint they finally released my number after I got them to do a conference call with AT&T.

Sprint not only pissed me off they made it 100% chance I will never use them again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.