Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legionsunited

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2018
Localhost
Hello, I’ve few concerns -

1 - Is the iPad purchased in Australia consider serviceable in India ( in warranty) or cellular models are not covered under warranty in India?

2 - Does the cellular model work in India?

3 - What other things to consider before buying?

P.S - Also the seller says, that the Australian iPad charger doesn't work in India because India have different wall sockets and one has to use a converter which he will give also. Does that break iPad Anyhow due to voltage issues?

Thank you!

Fenhalls

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2019
Hello, I’ve few concerns -

P.S - Also the seller says, that the Australian iPad charger doesn't work in India because India have different wall sockets and one has to use a converter which he will give also. Does that break iPad Anyhow due to voltage issues?

Thank you!

The "USB Power Adapters" supplied by Apple in the iPad box possess universal voltage (input 100-240V). As the voltage in India is 220 volts, you'll be just fine. In fact, in Australia the standard voltage is 230 volts and anything with 220-240V can be used.
[doublepost=1554455336][/doublepost]
let's say, I buy a 2nd Gen Apple pencil, but I power off my iPad and put it in a box or like 2 months then what will happen to Apple Pencil?

You'll need to recharge it, in all likelihood. But there will be no permanent ill effects.

Last edited:

legionsunited

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2018
Localhost
The "USB Power Adapters" supplied by Apple in the iPad box possess universal voltage (input 100-240V). As the voltage in India is 220 volts, you'll be just fine. In fact, in Australia the standard voltage is 230 volts and anything with 220-240V can be used.
[doublepost=1554455336][/doublepost]

You'll need to recharge it, in all likelihood. But there will be no permanent ill effects.

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.