Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHorseHead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
Hey!
There was a time when I used iPad mini 2 for school to type documents etc, but I haven't had use for it for years.
Any ideas what to do with it or how I could use it?

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
Given that this is a post from June, just updated by someone, probably the OP has already found a solution. Personally my mini 2 is on IOS 10 for 32 bit apps that cannot run on more recent OS versions.... Battery life is still strong, much better than my mini 4 and on par with my mini 5.... By the way the mini 2 on IOS 10 is almost the same speed as the mini 4 on iPadOS 14, while the 4 used to be much faster....

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU
I’d probably jailbreak it to install apps that no longer support older iOS. Not all will work but it’s worth trying. O just use it as ebook reader.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
When I got the "2", I sold the "1" it replaced.

When I got the "6", I thought I would sell the "2". However, it still runs every app I like (and that's LOTS of them). So I think I'll just keep using it too. "6" has become the main use Mini. But "2" mostly sits in the bedroom for reading, music, etc, while "6" slow charges overnight.

"2" is still pretty functional. You might find that it is useful enough for some purposes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.