Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i'm.huMAC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2011
I am about to update my iPod touch 5G to the iOS 7 beta 1 and I'm afraid of losing all of my photos/videos on the camera roll. I just backed up my iPod on iTunes but is that enough? When I restore the back-up on my iPod touch when it's running iOS 7, will the photos return to the camera roll?

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
I am about to update my iPod touch 5G to the iOS 7 beta 1 and I'm afraid of losing all of my photos/videos on the camera roll. I just backed up my iPod on iTunes but is that enough? When I restore the back-up on my iPod touch when it's running iOS 7, will the photos return to the camera roll?

You should also sync the photos to your computer too, just for safe measure. I imported all my photos and deleted them off my phone before upgrading. Didn't have a lot myself.

Tamagotchi

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013
Import your photos, or even better, use image capture to extract them from your iPhone.

Also, why ask these questions if you are a developer? You should know yourself you shouldn't install this on your main device, and you should know what to do before upgrading / restoring / tweaking around with your device :D

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately

I am really surpised that someone with a dev account would have to ask such a question. You could save the pictures to your computer by syncing them or just opening up the DCIM folder and copy/paste to your computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.