Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Endpin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2022
Starting to look at replacing my 10.5" pro. Has the white spot and battery life is dwindling. I'm considering iPad 9th gen, Air 4th gen, 11" pro 1st or 2nd gen. I need 256gb storage as a minimum.

Uses include:
  1. Photo Editing
  2. Occasional light video editing, nothing too strenous
  3. Garageband
  4. General web browsing, Youtube etc
Opinions?

leifp

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
Canada
You've listed app-types that are improved with better screens and mentioned the gamut of screen quality iPads as options. Personally, I would spend some time with the iPads themselves at an Apple Store (or "local" reseller [I live >2 hours away from the nearest Apple Store but about 30 mins away from a Best Buy, for example]) and see whether the screen quality differences matter to you. I'm super sensitive to screen quality and that's why I'm on a Pro. I'd prefer the Air otherwise... (I like TouchID on the iPad as I share mine, I have no use for the superior cameras wrt the Air)

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
Starting to look at replacing my 10.5" pro. Has the white spot and battery life is dwindling. I'm considering iPad 9th gen, Air 4th gen, 11" pro 1st or 2nd gen. I need 256gb storage as a minimum.

Uses include:
  1. Photo Editing
  2. Occasional light video editing, nothing too strenous
  3. Garageband
  4. General web browsing, Youtube etc
Opinions?
Why not just pay to get the battery replaced? Apple will most likely send you a refurbished model and you kill two birds with one stone?

Reactions: ericwn

mateo124

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
As long as the iPad is in good physical condition with all original parts, it should qualify for the battery replacement program. I just wouldn’t mention the white spot as they may try to say it’s physical damage (even though it is not, mine has it too).

Reactions: Funny Apple Man
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.