Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

10-Dee-Q

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
hi, i need help from u guys here, i want to buy RAM for my sister powerbook G4,
but since she 's overseas, i have no idea of what RAM to buy.

her Powerbook is the 12" and G4 proccesor, she already buy that for about 2 years now. and she never upgrade the RAM from new which is 256 MB.
now she asked me to buy another 512MB of RAM for her, but i have no idea of what type of RAM to buy, is it SDRAM, or DDR or DDR 2 ??
can someone help me please ?
thx :p

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
10-Dee-Q said:
hi, i need help from u guys here, i want to buy RAM for my sister powerbook G4,
but since she 's overseas, i have no idea of what RAM to buy.

her Powerbook is the 12" and G4 proccesor, she already buy that for about 2 years now. and she never upgrade the RAM from new which is 256 MB.
now she asked me to buy another 512MB of RAM for her, but i have no idea of what type of RAM to buy, is it SDRAM, or DDR or DDR 2 ??
can someone help me please ?
thx :p

Go to the apple sign - about this mac and tell us what processor.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
If it is a 12" screen Powerbook G4, then it has to be DDR RAM.
The 867 MHz machine used PC2100 (266 MHz DDR which is 133 MHz memory buss) and the faster machines used PC2700 (333 MHz DDR / 167 MHz memory buss)

If it is a 15" screen machine, then we need to know both the speed of the processor and whether it is Aluminum or Titanium -- or the model number of the machine would be even better.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
While you are encouraged to use the specified RAM for the model, a computer using PC2100 RAM will accept PC2700 RAM. It will just run at the slower speed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.