Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KYBOSH

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
One that records phone calls in progress and/or even acts a voice recorder for short notes.

Anyone seen of of these around?

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
...sigh I wish people would do even the tinyest bit of research before posting.

The vnotes.app has been around for a long time, and it does exactly what you suggested (minus the recording calls)...but it is a very good app at taking voice notes

Try it!

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I'm pretty sure there is a voice recorder available via Installer.app...but it won't record phone calls, I don't think. I don't have it installed, so I'm not entirely sure.

KYBOSH

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Sigh...the phone conversation recorder app is the most important part of the request.

I added the note taker app part to avoid people adding snotty comments about recording phone conversations. But I guess you cant stop ppl from acting snotty no matter what you say.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Sigh...the phone conversation recorder app is the most important part of the request.

I added the note taker app part to avoid people adding snotty comments about recording phone conversations. But I guess you cant stop ppl from acting snotty no matter what you say.

Hmmm I wasnt trying to act "snotty"...but you have to understand how many people have started threads asking for a "Sweet voice recorder app!!1!!!1". So sorry if it came off that way, anyway a phone conversation recorder would be cool though. I probably wouldnt use it much but Im sure there are those that would.

nioted

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Hmmm I wasnt trying to act "snotty"...but you have to understand how many people have started threads asking for a "Sweet voice recorder app!!1!!!1". So sorry if it came off that way, anyway a phone conversation recorder would be cool though. I probably wouldnt use it much but Im sure there are those that would.

why couldnt you just put the conversation in speaker mode then go to the Vnotes and start recording. I would imagine that would work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.