Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
Before I head off to the Apple Store Arden Fair, I'm going to open the page up with the count down timer on it and see what happenes when I come back.

Someone should try to record it.....then post it here on MacRumors!

Arn.....Arn..... :D:D:D:D:D

Oirectine

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2003
Maryland
what will happen when the panther countdown hits zero?

I'm afraid you're all wrong. The time will begin counting negative minutes, and the universe will begin collapsing on itsself.:(

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Re: what will happen when the panther countdown hits zero?

Originally posted by evolu
Fireworks? Roaring cat? Nothing?

F**k all.... :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Oh... we get the 'Now Available' graphic... like what they had in Oz hours ago.... :eek: :p :p rad.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Re: Re: what will happen when the panther countdown hits zero?

Originally posted by iGAV
F**k all.... :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Oh... we get the 'Now Available' graphic... like what they had in Oz hours ago.... :eek: :p :p rad.
And we'll be sitting here going 'So where is it then?' forgetting of course that Apple Europe couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery and they sent them too late to be here on time.... :mad:

Macco

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2003
Actually, I have the countdown movie downloaded on my hard drive. We'll just have to wait until 8:00. (Or once I get home I could just set my clock to 8:00...)

softwiz500

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2003
I set the clock to 8, it just makes the clock and info about the Night of the Panther event vanish, and they're replaced with something to the effect of "It's like buying a whole new Mac". No other changes, though.

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
they switched the hell froze over and the panther. now, if any windoze person came looking for that new program everyone's been downloading, and sees that a very pretty new OS is coming out, apple gets even more switchers :)

slowtreme

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2003
Tampa FL
This is what it looks like at 8pm

Attachments

• now.jpg
    now.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 542

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Re: Re: Re: what will happen when the panther countdown hits zero?

Originally posted by caveman_uk
And we'll be sitting here going 'So where is it then?' forgetting of course that Apple Europe couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery and they sent them too late to be here on time.... :mad:

Hey, don't feel bad. I ordered mine this week and I am being told that it will not ship until Monday. :(

Oh well, I can wait until then.. I will just see how every one is doing before I install.. :D

-Hugh

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
Re: Re: Re: Re: what will happen when the panther countdown hits zero?

Originally posted by Hugh
Hey, don't feel bad. I ordered mine this week and I am being told that it will not ship until Monday. :(

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and am being told it won't ship until wednesday :confused:

Docrjm

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2003
This is what happened in Canada, the clock started going up again. Probably just to annoy those of us that live in the boonies. Make us realise that evening shipping doesn't happen outside of a very large city and that maybe Apple's hopes for it were nothing more than that.:(

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 364

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what will happen when the panther countdown hits zero?

Originally posted by stcanard
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and am being told it won't ship until wednesday :confused:

Oh man that really sucks!!! :( We should get it the same time as every one eles.. Sucks that there isn't an Apple store in my town..

-Hugh

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Re: Re: Re: Re: what will happen when the panther countdown hits zero?

Originally posted by Hugh

Oh well, I can wait until then.. I will just see how every one is doing before I install.. :D

-Hugh
I wouldn't mind but i ordered it the day they announced it and it still isn't here. I'm not the only one in the same position either:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.