Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
The ability to have web clips would be great. The Start screen for Safari seems to fit well with a Tablet - what hasn't been touched on too much in the current cycle of rumours, is to what degree Safari is going to get altered/updated. Does OS 4 bring Safari 4.x/5 beta? Does anyone associate the metal aluminium grill with widgets? Doesn't seem to scale as well on a tablet. Dashboard is an area Apple could renew.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Doesn't look too bad.
I'm hoping for more of a "Mac" look, then an iPhone. Admittedly the iPhone got some stuff right, but the closed nature of the system is something I'd love to not fight this time around(multitasking, 3rd party apps, etc)

But Apple seems to have learned

spiralstairs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
That looks nice, I could live with an interface like that. I especially like the idea of apps not having to run full screen like they do on the iPhone.

They applications do run in fullscreen. This is just the homescreen where all of your running apps are laid out. Like the Palm Pre card interface or Mobile Safari on iPhone.

talkingfuture

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2008
The back of beyond.
They applications do run in fullscreen. This is just the homescreen where all of your running apps are laid out. Like the Palm Pre card interface or Mobile Safari on iPhone.

Ah, I see. I was thinking that maybe you could have two apps running simultaneously that didn't need to be full screen. That could be a cool feature.

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Ah, I see. I was thinking that maybe you could have two apps running simultaneously that didn't need to be full screen. That could be a cool feature.

I would like to see that option. I would assume the apps will still have to run on the iPhone (maybe there will be some that are tablet specific, but I think most will run on both) so on the tablet you could likely run them in the iPhone resolution, pinched to a larger size, or run full-screen on a tablet-specific UI. That would allow you to put up apps side-by-side. I also assume we'll see some kind of expose-like feautures to switch back and forth between apps that are open.

robfromabove

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2010
That would be tits.

Also, offtopic, but funny... Anyone else notice the Kindle ads at the bottom of the screen? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.