Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Ok, so a bunch of us were disappointed in this keynote with the lack of Mac talk and all. But he DID say there was great stuff coming in the next few months. What would you like to see in the next keynote?

Here is my Next Keynote fantasy (note this isn't what I think WILL happen, I highly doubt it in fact)

Sometime in Feb...

Steve: So I got a lot of complaints about the lack of talk about the Mac last month. So here we go... this time we'll talk about the Mac.

(applause)
(display shows "iLife/iWork '07")

Steve: Many people expected to see iLife and iWork '07. Heck, Amazon even tried SELLING it.

(audience chuckles)

Steve: Well I'm here today to tell you... (dramatic pause) that there will be no iLife or iWork.... anymore.

(audience quiet/murmuring)

Steve: They are now part... of Mac OS X Leopard.

(audience cheers)

Steve: Now lets see some features!

phillipjfry

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2006
Peace in Plainfield
Software. The next keynote should be about software and a line dropped about the future of the mac pro processors to be used.
Otherwise, from the reaction I've been reading on the interweb, Steve is gonna have to leave the next keynote with bodyguards...:p

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
perhaps iWork will be standard on new macs.

However, it's extremely unlikely that iLife '07 and iWork '07 will ONLY be bundled with Leopard, and not available separately.

They want to sell upgrades to those running Tiger (and possibly even Panther). Unless, for other reasons, the new consumer apps rely so heavily on Leopard technology that they can't offer upgrades to those running old OS's. In which case, they are going to try to get everyone on board Leopard ASAP.

I think that's unlikely. However, the implications are interesting. OS X is really, really hitting its stride.

wickedpapercut

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2005
That's easy. Here's what I'd like to hear... but I know I'm only dreaming...

1. Leopard delivered March 1 - free upgrades for all orders after 1/10/07

2. Mac mini - C2D processor, 1GB standard, same or lower price

3. NEW Mac mini-PRO - basically an iMac with all similar options, just without the integrated LCD and iSight camera

4. Apple-branded HDTV (say, 50+ inch LCD set with the typical Apple cool factor)

Best I can really hope for is #1 happening by June.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
That's easy. Here's what I'd like to hear... but I know I'm only dreaming...

1. Leopard delivered March 1 - free upgrades for all orders after 1/10/07

2. Mac mini - C2D processor, 1GB standard, same or lower price

3. NEW Mac mini-PRO - basically an iMac with all similar options, just without the integrated LCD and iSight camera

4. Apple-branded HDTV (say, 50+ inch LCD set with the typical Apple cool factor)

Best I can really hope for is #1 happening by June.

Replace number 4 with some iWork and iLife news and I will be happy. Not to mention that an Apple display of 50+ inches is HIGHLY unlikely!!

what I really want is A Mac mini Pro and a 13.3in MBP. If they release both of those things They will get money for both of them. I don't care if i have to sell a kidney to pay for it. I want a headless mac that does not have integrated graphics but does not cost over 2 grand. I mainly want one so i can hook it up to my 1080p Westinghouse LCD TV.

vendettabass

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
1. New Mac Pro's (2GB, 8 core & blu ray options)
2. New Cinema Displays to match your Mac Pro... and
3. New Mac Mini C2D 1.83Ghz & 2.00Ghz
4. Leopard & iLife integrated would be sweeeeeeet!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.