Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Awhile back I ran out of room on my 40GB iPod Photo and my warranty was going to expire at the end of Oct '05 (bought when the Photos were originally released). So I waited to see if they would upgrade the full size iPods.....which they did not...they just released the Nano's. So I put my 40GB iPod Photo on eBay and it sold quickly and I ordered a 60GB Color iPod. But with the expo being next week b/t the 20th and 24th maybe they will still release another upgrade. Should I wait and not open my new 60GB iPod? This way I could return my iPod and order a newer one. Does anyone have experience with unopened returns to Apple?.....cost?.....can you return an iPod you ordered online to a local Apple Store? Thanks!

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
40 GBs of music is enough so you don't need to keep changing what's on it.

Since they just did the iPod/iTunes announcement, I somehow doubt there will be an 80GB iPod released that soon.

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
I'm there with the Bear.
Also, from an email I got from apple:
Apple Expo will begin at 11 a.m. (CET) Tuesday, September 20 at the Porte de Versailles in Paris. There will not be a formal keynote presentation at this year's Apple Expo at Palais des Congrès.
So I'm guessing that means no major releases. You may have to hold out a while longer for your multi-media 'Pod yet!
..But you never know with Apple - damn them, damn them all!

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
James Philp said:
I'm there with the Bear.
Also, from an email I got from apple:
So I'm guessing that means no major releases. You may have to hold out a while longer for your multi-media 'Pod yet!
..But you never know with Apple - damn them, damn them all!
A multimedia iPod would have a the very least a big press conference. And we usually find out about those a week or two in advance. Since there is no keynote in Paris this year, I'd say no video iPod just yet.

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
Bear said:
A multimedia iPod would have a the very least a big press conference. And we usually find out about those a week or two in advance. Since there is no keynote in Paris this year, I'd say no video iPod just yet.

Maybe it's punishment for the leaked rumors. ;) NO MORE NEW PRODUCTS FOR YOU!

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Thanks for the advice. I did open my 60gb and it feels great to be able to fit everything on it again and backup my full-size photos. I didn't necessarily want a video-iPod but I thought they may just update battery life, functions, design, etc. Here's to at least a few months of no iPod updates since I just bought a new one :)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Jovian9 said:
Thanks for the advice. I did open my 60gb and it feels great to be able to fit everything on it again and backup my full-size photos. I didn't necessarily want a video-iPod but I thought they may just update battery life, functions, design, etc. Here's to at least a few months of no iPod updates since I just bought a new one :)

I wish you all the best. Sounds as though you made a wise decision.

Lucky8

macrumors regular
May 18, 2005
Apple retail stores do not take returns on online ordered items.
They have to be sent back at your cost unless if it's defective or damaged during shipment.
It takes about 2-3 weeks after they receive the items for the credit to show up in your account.
Oh, and 20% restocking fees for all open boxes within 30 days of purchased.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Jovian9 said:
May I suggest that you backup your Photos and other imprtant data to optical medaia (DVD-R/CD-R)?

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Bear said:
May I suggest that you backup your Photos and other imprtant data to optical medaia (DVD-R/CD-R)?

They are backed up on DVD-R's and on a FW Hard Drive (and on my iPod). Maybe too many backups :)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Jovian9 said:
They are backed up on DVD-R's and on a FW Hard Drive (and on my iPod). Maybe too many backups :)

you can never have too many!
Just watch-- the DVD-Rs will be scratched, the FW hard drive will have some... malady, and you'll be left with your iPod. crazy go nuts!

Enjoy your new iPod. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.