Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freedomepalin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2010
I was just walking down the street and happened to find $499 in ones in a brown paper bag.

I'd been reading about this iPad, but am not sure if I should buy one, or perhaps buy an iPhone, or maybe a netbook, or maybe invest it in Apple stock, or I could pay my rent so I am not homeless come Tuesday.

What do you guys think?

budman1961

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2010
I dunno.....having a place to sleep is nicer than having toys. Brown paper bag? This has got to be a joke, right?

Ipadq

macrumors member
May 27, 2010
Freedomepalin said:
I was just walking down the street and happened to find $499 in ones in a brown paper bag.

I'd been reading about this iPad, but am not sure if I should buy one, or perhaps buy an iPhone, or maybe a netbook, or maybe invest it in Apple stock, or I could pay my rent so I am not homeless come Tuesday.

What do you guys think?

First, make sure you watch your back when you bend over to pick up the bag :D

Then, unless you live in a city/state/country where sales tax is not mandatory, strike the iPad from your list of options.

Freedomepalin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2010
First, make sure you watch your back when you bend over to pick up the bag :D

Then, unless you live in a city/state/country where sales tax is not mandatory, strike the iPad from your list of options.

I live in NH. No sales tax.

So... What should I do? Is the iPad worth it?

patp

Apr 10, 2008
i would move back in with mom and dad if your soliciting advice regarding paying rent.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Are you asking a question? Try searching first. Answers to many questions can be easily found.

Otherwise, choose a Descriptive Title:

Do not use a generic title such as "Help please" or "What to do" or "Need advice" -- be specific!

Guess you missed that part.

Despite your fictional hypothetic premise, your core question has been asked and answered countless times. Netbook or iPad? iPad or iPhone? Search in thread titles only for those keywords and you'll find more answers than you'll know what to do with.

As far as Apple stock is concerned, you could get 2 shares and some lunch for $499.

If you're truly considering an iPad before paying the rent, you may as well get the iPad because with that kind of thinking, you'll be homeless eventually anyhow.

eTip

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009

What do you guys think?

I thought you already HAD an iPad? Or did you resell that one as well? I assume your question is hypothetical - in which case you should state so instead of pretending it's real and trying to use us as your laboratory rats. Regardless, I don't see the point of your question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.