Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jogo23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Germany, Europe, World
Just for reason of information:

What would you give me for this little piece of memory?
It's in a good, working condition with a extra monitor and 2 Drives with those big coulored apples on them. This baby is vintage...

Thanks for replying...

:D

srchurch

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2004
Hmmm, kind of hard to be missing the keyboard on an Apple IIe... (it was one box including the keyboard - monitor was seperate)
The mouse did not really exist until 1984 (The Apple IIe came out around 1981 and never had a mouse even in later revisons)

Ah... That was my first computer.... :D
I was so used to text based that I did not like the mac when I first used it (everything was hidden behind icons :eek: ) - Many a paper was written on that box for my school classes...

Ok, am I showing my age? Well, at least I was 10 when I was given the IIe

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
Someone just paid $530 on a working Lisa on eBay. I suppose the Lisa's are worth more than the ][e, but still seems like a lot. All I can say is that if I had a working Lisa, I wouldn't want to part with it :D

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
MacFan26 said:
Someone just paid $530 on a working Lisa on eBay. I suppose the Lisa's are worth more than the ][e, but still seems like a lot. ...

The LISA was produced in smaller numbers, and killed off quick, if I remember correctly. The Apple II was produced in really high numbers, and there are still a lot around. That's why the LISA is worth more, especially if you can find a LISA 1 un-upgraded. Saw one go on eBay for $7000 :eek:

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Well, it was decked out. It had been in a closet since 1985 or something. It came with all the original boxes, manuals & floppies .. even the sales receipt! It came with the printer & hard disk as well (5meg model I think.) Also it was the original Lisa 1, un-upgraded original ROM and the twin 'twiggy drives' not the Sony 3.5" drive.
I don't remember how many bids there were, but it was something like 75.

I just did a quick eBay check, and Lisas are going for $20~$100. That's cheap! :eek:

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003
srchurch said:
Hmmm, kind of hard to be missing the keyboard on an Apple IIe... (it was one box including the keyboard - monitor was seperate)
The mouse did not really exist until 1984 (The Apple IIe came out around 1981 and never had a mouse even in later revisons)

Ah... That was my first computer.... :D
I was so used to text based that I did not like the mac when I first used it (everything was hidden behind icons :eek: ) - Many a paper was written on that box for my school classes...

Ok, am I showing my age? Well, at least I was 10 when I was given the IIe

Well maybe the IIe never officially shipped with a mouse, but you could sure get one... Some apps took advantage of it or could be made to.

5300cs said:
Well, it was decked out. It had been in a closet since 1985 or something. It came with all the original boxes, manuals & floppies .. even the sales receipt! It came with the printer & hard disk as well (5meg model I think.) Also it was the original Lisa 1, un-upgraded original ROM and the twin 'twiggy drives' not the Sony 3.5" drive.
I don't remember how many bids there were, but it was something like 75.

I just did a quick eBay check, and Lisas are going for $20~$100. That's cheap! :eek:

20-100 NO Way! I just sold a Lisa 2/5 for $468.32 and a Macintosh XL $324.95 it was a month ago or so but I have some more and they have bids check it out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.