Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
I typically shoot QTVR 360° virtual tours and have a price list in place for my customers. Today however, one of my clients asked me to take about a dozen still's of a couple of different properties and I'm not really sure what I should charge him. I normally charge $99 for 4 - 360°'s and $25 for each additional node. I was thinking I'd charge him $25 per still photo, and it would probably fly, but then again that might be a little pricey for a digital image...

Thoughts?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
You're not printing them for him, right? Just the digital image for his listing?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I don't know much about the rates for these kinds of pictures, but $15-$25 sounds reasonable. I'm trying to relate it to family photos taken by a photographer...not that they're really related. Sorry I can't help more.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
ITASOR said:
I don't know much about the rates for these kinds of pictures, but $15-$25 sounds reasonable. I'm trying to relate it to family photos taken by a photographer...not that they're really related. Sorry I can't help more.
Thanks man. I value your opinion :p

super_kev

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
USofA
I would say that you should be able to judge a fair price for your pictures. Everyone is different, and it also depends what type of area you are in. It also depends if you are popular, well known, etc. If you are good (and it looks like it) you should be able to get $25 a picture. But in light of your pricing of a single pano for $25 (which takes considerably more work to do than taking a single picture) I would think that $25 is a little high. Either drop the single picture price, or raise the pano pricing.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
You should charge by the hour for stills, unless this guy is someone you want to get further pano work off of.

My site shoot rate is $200 per hour plus expenses up to half day. I'd base your per still rate on that figure, which is average for the industry, and then figure out a rate for each image based on that.

Good luck. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.