Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
The DVD box is all well and good, but...
I was wondering if it will fit in my back pocket, A dvd box does.
So is it EXACTLY the width of a dvd case or similar?

It is the exact width but a little taller (1/4 - 1/2 inch?) and obviously will be about 1/2 the depth too. :D

BaBaBoooooooey

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
It is the exact width but a little taller (1/4 - 1/2 inch?) and obviously will be about 1/2 the depth too. :D

HELL yes. thank you!
my main goal for buying an iPad mini was to make it at least a little more portable, I feel kind of Douchey carrying around my 10" iPad like folder.
I know i am probably the minority here, but thats the way i feel.

publicfarley

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Thanks.

Thanks to the OP for the pictures! Nice public service gesture for us prospective iPad mini owners.

MacAgnostic

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Wow if it's gonna look that unsmooth, I might just have to stick with a retina iPad.
Yes, if you are actually viewing it on a retina iPad, it is likely a close representation of the iPad mini.
Remember, the source image was only 1024x768.

IMO it looks no worse than the original, so I don't understand your unsmooth comment.

The left hand image is the original unscaled image:

Attachments

• nyt image 1024x768.png
    nyt image 1024x768.png
    519.7 KB · Views: 119
  • ipad mini on ipad 3.png
    ipad mini on ipad 3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:

leonw

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2011
at home
It isn't going to look the same. We took a screenshot, scaled it, saved it as another image, and then your iPad scaled it... It wont look that crappy. This was just to see the scale of things. :rolleyes:

Was just kidding. Though it would have been nice to get an impression of how readable a website is without having to zoom in all the time. My 3gs is getting far too small for my eyes and my ipad1 has room to spare. So the mini could be just fine ( for the time being...). But thanks anyway!

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Thanks OP for posting all the pics. This was very helpful for me. I travel full time preaching and teaching. I use my ipad for all my lessons. I like the idea of smaller but I'm thinking the mini's screen my be to small for my needs. :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.