Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tuongsp91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2018
I use iTunes to sync my phone, I do not use the cloud for photos or anything but Find my Phone. I have my iTunes set to sync photos with one folder on my laptop (iPhone photos) and see all of those folders/albums on my phone. The album/folder label is right and the photos in each album/folder match.

However I am noticing that it also seems to be picking up folders/albums from another folder on my laptop (iPad photos). Note that this is not a folder within the previously mentioned iPhone photos folder. Complete separate folder. Double checked this already. And when I look at the photos on my phone, it shows those folder/album labels, with completely random photos within each. So an album marked Family has random life photos in it.

Completely strange - any idea what's happening? When I get home I'll remove the iPad photos folder and sync again and see what happens, but I find it very weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.