Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
Anyone else seeing this process or know what the hell it is? It came outta no where today and my batteries dropping like a stone.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It has something to do with attachments, pictures/videos/etc, for the Messages application.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Restore your device without restoring from a backup so that the corrupt Messages database is purged.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
So no keeping any of the messages? I've got a rotten memory lol

You can always use an app like PhoneView (Mac-only) to archive your messages on the computer. That's what I've done for a few years now. It's a heck of a lot easier to page through a year's worth of texts that way than it is directly on the phone.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
You can always use an app like PhoneView (Mac-only) to archive your messages on the computer. That's what I've done for a few years now. It's a heck of a lot easier to page through a year's worth of texts that way than it is directly on the phone.

That's not a bad idea. Any idea if there's something comproble for Windows?

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
That's not a bad idea. Any idea if there's something comproble for Windows?

A friend used TouchCopy for Windows to do something similar. I think iMazing does it too. I'm sure there are others, I just haven't had any coffee yet today and am half brain dead as a result. LOL

It does make doing clean installs a lot more palatable. I have texts going back to 2007 and the original iPhone archived; this way, I get to keep them, but they're not cluttering up my phone.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
A friend used TouchCopy for Windows to do something similar. I think iMazing does it too. I'm sure there are others, I just haven't had any coffee yet today and am half brain dead as a result. LOL

It does make doing clean installs a lot more palatable. I have texts going back to 2007 and the original iPhone archived; this way, I get to keep them, but they're not cluttering up my phone.

Thanks for the heads up on those, I'll give those a look later tonight.

What did you use to get the battery graph?

It's called BatteryUsageEnhancer, it's not on Cydia. So you need something like iFile to install it. Here's the link to it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdslm1h4m3xu9sf/com.efrederickson.batteryusageenhancer_0.0.1-16_iphoneos-arm.deb

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012

What's the difference between the two tweaks? The pictures in Cydia for the tweak juiced suggested looks to be the same as your screenshot you posted.

Curious to know what's different between the two so I know which one to update. Thanks!

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
What's the difference between the two tweaks? The pictures in Cydia for the tweak juiced suggested looks to be the same as your screenshot you posted.

Curious to know what's different between the two so I know which one to update. Thanks!

It goes by "Time since last full charge", where as the other doesn't. There's other things to about sorting and stuff
The guy who made it didn't put it up on Cydia though cause he didn't wanna look like he was one upping the original author, despite it being an improvement

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
It goes by "Time since last full charge", where as the other doesn't. There's other things to about sorting and stuff
The guy who made it didn't put it up on Cydia though cause he didn't wanna look like he was one upping the original author, despite it being an improvement

Awesome. Thanks for that info.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

I dont see any difference between your picture and mine though:D
Seems to show the same info.

Attachments

• IMG_0177.PNG
    IMG_0177.PNG
    246.8 KB · Views: 136

Skizzy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
I dont see any difference between your picture and mine though:D

Seems to show the same info.

The Dropbox link den file shows time since last charge and standby time. The one from cydia just shows 24 hours and 7 days.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
then its not an improvement, more like a lazy mod of a tweak :p

Lazy mod would imply it didn't fix something demanded by the masses that ended up being more popular than the original.
Even better is that the guy never wanted to over shadow the original and didn't put it on Cydia.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Lazy mod would imply it didn't fix something demanded by the masses that ended up being more popular than the original.
Even better is that the guy never wanted to over shadow the original and didn't put it on Cydia.

Nope; sorry that is not what it implies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.