Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DualShock

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
I've updated my HomePod to 14.2 and I tried the "What's My Update" feature, but it's telling me that I need to continue on iPhone.

Isn't the point of this feature to have the HomePod read me my updates, instead of going to the phone to do that? Am I missing something here?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I've updated my HomePod to 14.2 and I tried the "What's My Update" feature, but it's telling me that I need to continue on iPhone.

Isn't the point of this feature to have the HomePod read me my updates, instead of going to the phone to do that? Am I missing something here?
Do you have personal requests turned on?

673C35C2-8154-4AA0-BA63-75F48F72E26D.jpeg 8D957299-659D-49A2-83D6-3A9440A8FCE2.jpeg

Last edited:

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I have the same problem, but with Never selected does that mean that anyone can create personal requests like sending messages?
It just means that it won’t ask you to authenticate on your iPhone which is a secure device. For example, if you ask to read a calendar event, which is a secure event, with “Never” selected, Siri on the HomePod will read the event out loud. If you have “For Secure Events”, Siri will instruct you to continue on your iPhone so as not to have a private event spoked out loud. For other to have texting privileges on the HomePod, they’d have to select that on their device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.