Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

specindia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2019
India
As per my views and observations, the specifications and features of the iPhone are lacking a bit in comparison to other brands. As a user, there are some limitations too in terms of usage. As per your thought, what new should Apple bring in the future models which really amaze the users?

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
I don’t think users really know what will be the next thing that is super important to them.

Mostly people are looking for and/or expecting the usual: faster processor, brighter display, smaller bezels, better camera, and better battery life.

I would love to see a flicker-free screen, but most people wouldn’t care about that at all.

I suspect most changes will be software related. Perhaps iOS will allow split-screen multitasking, or improve widgets functionality and lock-screen aspects. There are rumors of an always-on-display which might be cool, but personally I’d just like my phone to still light up with a notification when I’m wearing my Apple Watch.

Last edited:

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
As per my views and observations, the specifications and features of the iPhone are lacking a bit in comparison to other brands. As a user, there are some limitations too in terms of usage. As per your thought, what new should Apple bring in the future models which really amaze the users?
Amaze which user? Are the typical iPhone users actually care about specifications and features? Looking at the record breaking revenues every quarter, people doesn't seem to mind buying iPhones. Apple has reached the point where people buy iPhones because of the brand, not because of the specifications/features per se.

People buy Nike, Chanel, etc not because of specifications/features.

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
All i would ask for is Super Fast Charging. Like 30mins to get the iPhone from 0-100%.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
A better camera to capture memories is a great selling point for me. Specs like faster CPU and such doesn't speak to me because the iPhone is already fast. How much faster can you launch an app? Hardware wise, I'm thinking better durability, longer battery life, better water/dust resistance, and a better camera. The real improvements will come on the software side.

Reactions: JM

frownface

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2020
Now with macOS running on ARM they would be crazy not to integrate iOS or vice versa.

Except that they want you to buy an ipad as well as a macbook ontop of the iphone.

While it's good for the consumer to have devices that perform cross-functionally, product positioning is important to apple and some level of cannibalisation will occur.

Reactions: shr631 and ian87w

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
A better camera to capture memories is a great selling point for me. Specs like faster CPU and such doesn't speak to me because the iPhone is already fast. How much faster can you launch an app? Hardware wise, I'm thinking better durability, longer battery life, better water/dust resistance, and a better camera. The real improvements will come on the software side.
How much more water and dust resistance do you need? It already has great water submerging resistance.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
An Apple Samsung Dex equivalent or better.

All this power in your hands and you can't even use it to its fullest potential.
I doubt that’ll happen! Apple is a hardware company and wants you to buy as many of their products as possible. If they made a software feature that negated the need for you to purchase their other products it would be highly unusual and unlikely.

In the same vein a foldable Apple phone would have to incorporate the profit margin of both the iPhone and iPad to be worth their while since they’d be cannibalising one or the other

Reactions: ian87w

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Except that they want you to buy an ipad as well as a macbook ontop of the iphone.

While it's good for the consumer to have devices that perform cross-functionally, product positioning is important to apple and some level of cannibalisation will occur.
While thats true in the short term business, longterm i still think that we will see some integation.
Like the ipod line now is gone and completely integrated in other products.

Maybe with AR glass rumors they could come up a new thing which reflects both worlds when connected to mac or iphone

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022

Software improvements are enabled by faster CPU's, you don't want to take a picture with some new camera mode and have to wait to see if you got the shot.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
How much more water and dust resistance do you need? It already has great water submerging resistance.

As much as they can get in a phone. While, I don't really use those features, it never hurts to have those features enhanced and the longevity increased. I'm of the mindset of continual improvement versus "it's good enough".

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Better durability (not just from Apple). It seems silly that the manufacturers go to great lengths to make beautiful phones while in many real-world scenarios they require a protective case.

Zyon22

macrumors member
May 17, 2022
Better durability (not just from Apple). It seems silly that the manufacturers go to great lengths to make beautiful phones while in many real-world scenarios we need to put them in a protective case.
as long as the back is glass there is nothing apple can do to make it stronger you know what they say "Glass is glass and glass breaks" as long as that's the situation, im always gonna use a case.

otherwise, the iPhone 13 pro is very strong, and I would not expect it to be bent under normal use and maybe even abnormal use lol

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Apple phones have more power then anyone needs in a phone at the moment. I notice no real discernible speed difference between my 13 and my old 11 and even XR. Face ID works as fast and smooth. Some obvious improvements on the 13, that is all pretty much with the camera. I think for the average user these days that is the only real improvement that comes with a new iPhone. Had my XR no proven to me that Apple's water resistance is a joke then I never would have upgraded to the 11 and would still be using it nice. Work got me a 13, I never would have bought it but I will not turn down a free phone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.