Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
So incredibly stoked ... !

1597589446173.png

(That's tonight BTW :D)

Reactions: jwip

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Watched the first three episodes of Ted Lasso on AppleTV+ and it was good and goofy. I enjoyed it more than I anticipated.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
I'm really not watching anything new at the moment. Agents of Shield ended last week and The Flash won't be back for a while. I'm not sure when The Expanse is going to be back, and then everything else is streaming (The Expanse is as well) and I can watch those whenever. Right now I've been rewatching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Currently in Season 3.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Mad to be Normal on Prime with David Tennant, Gabriel Byrne, Michael Gambon, and Elisabeth Moss, about the Scottish psychiatrist R. D. Laing's work in the sixties.

The truth is I love to listen to David Tennant speak ...

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just watched the last episode of The Blacklist. Quite weird as they had a mix of live action and cartoon as they couldn't finish filming. It worked well enough and I'd rather that than a 6-12 month gap between episode 19 and 20 like The Walking Dead.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Watched a Rob Snider standup comedy routine on a Netflix. It was good, but I never had a clue he was half Chinese! He did an entire bit on it. :)

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Rome (2005-07 HBO)- A real treat to see this again. I’ve got the series on BluRay. As I understand it, HBO canceled this excellent series at 2 seasons because filming it in Italy was too expensive.

0E92F50B-4A79-4D40-8EBE-B8187CDE21AE.jpeg

8BA18E09-6663-4BE0-BD95-0922698FC336.jpeg

Reactions: Richard8655

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
That buzz beater three from Davis. Damnit.

I always root for the underdog and the nuggets have been a bit of a Cinderella story.

mrsmith1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2017
Nottingham, England
OK folks, finally got HUGE news! It looks like Fargo Season 4 is coming to FX on September 27th:

FINALLY! Now just need to hear when Cobra Kai Season 3 will be on. But for now, fantastic news about Fargo Season 4. Can't wait!
Hopefully going to be broadcast by Channel 4 in the UK

American Crime Story: The People vs OJ Simpson

Hard to believe it’s been 25+ years.
Yes, excellent, excellent series! I have watched it at least 3 times, and will watch again.

Another good, parallel one is OJ: Made in America, an ESPN documentary. It actually covers a much larger time period, and does include the trial. Well, well done.

Reactions: ritmomundo

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
B3B556FA-07A3-4750-A78D-9E54528E149A.jpeg

The Haunting of Bly Manor (2020 Netflix Mini-Series)- First two episodes pulled me into this traditional feeling haunted house story, built on suspense and disturbing images. An American woman takes a job on as tutor for two orphans in an English Country Manor. There be ghosts. Nine episodes, don’t know if there will be another. I assume if there is another season, it will be a different story.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Haunting of Bly Manor (2020 Netflix Mini-Series)- First two episodes pulled me into this traditional feeling haunted house story, built on suspense and disturbing images. An American woman takes a job on as tutor for two orphans in an English Country Manor. There be ghosts. Nine episodes, don’t know if there will be another. I assume if there is another season, it will be a different story.
Finished the series, thumbs down. :(

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
I loved it - - easily the best long form TV series I've seen this year.

Reactions: D.T. and Huntn

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
I have now completed The Haunting of Hill House and found it to be altogether substandard to The Haunting of Bly Manor. I suppose Hill House is more of a crowd pleaser for fans of the genre, by trotting out all the stock horror tropes, but other than the solid acting, I found it a very slight story hiding behind its nested structure.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Has anyone watched The OA on Netflix, what was you final verdict? I‘ve completed S1E2, not sold on it.

I have now completed The Haunting of Hill House and found it to be altogether substandard to The Haunting of Bly Manor. I suppose Hill House is more of a crowd pleaser for fans of the genre, by trotting out all the stock horror tropes, but other than the solid acting, I found it a very slight story hiding behind its nested structure.
I preferred THOHH because the story was more straight foreward. I got fatiqued with THOBM‘s story telling jumping around, whose dead, whose not? ;)

Reactions: bobob

Beerstalker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2011
Peoria, IL
I watched The OA and really ended up liking it. The first few episodes start off pretty slow, but by the end of the season I was on the edge of my seat.

The second season was pretty interesting as well, but ended with a really interesting plot twist that is kind of a cliffhanger. It was cancelled, and so far there has been no signs of it getting picked back up so it will probably never be resolved. It was originally planned for 5 parts/seasons so it is kind of a letdown.

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.