Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

longboarder

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
So after I upgraded ive been doing some clearing of leftover files on my computer. Ive been using appcleaner to do this process but Im aware from when I was back on 10.2.8 I removed a lot of files thus making my library filled with leftover files. I tried to find old builds of shareware releases like maccleanse but the rapidshare links for, say, 1.4.8 are long dead and the torrents have no seeders or leechers. Hell, I'm not sure its even compatible with 10.4 ppc, it may just be an intel exclusive. Is there maybe an automated program thats open source for 10.4.11 or maybe another shareware cleaner that is archived that removes leftover application files? Thanks and regards,
Thomas

longboarder

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
I've always deleted files manually to be sure - Appcleaner nearly always misses something. So you have to go into Library, Application Support, Caches etc etc. Quite tedious and not really necessary....depends how OCD you are ;)
Monolingual will remove language files.
was searching through ulozto.net and found an old build of cleanmymac from 2010 and it seems to have properly cleaned the leftover application files. Dont want to link it cause I dont think its really considered abandonware yet. But yeah, Cleanmymac 1.9.4 seems to work great on a g3 processor.

Reactions: xc8
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.