Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idrewuk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Hi everyone. I'm struggling to work through the options to get a HomeKit doorbell. I don't have an existing chime or wired system to replace, so it seems to limit my options even further.

What are some of the ways people are getting around this? I have Starling Home, if that helps, but all of the products I see out there (I'm in the UK) are wired only and therefore pretty useless to me.

I did read that the Eufy doorbell might be coming soon with a WiFi chime.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Hi everyone. I'm struggling to work through the options to get a HomeKit doorbell. I don't have an existing chime or wired system to replace, so it seems to limit my options even further.

What are some of the ways people are getting around this? I have Starling Home, if that helps, but all of the products I see out there (I'm in the UK) are wired only and therefore pretty useless to me.

I did read that the Eufy doorbell might be coming soon with a WiFi chime.
Not many wired options out there let alone wireless. So far, like you mentioned, the Eufy is the only one I heard about that’s rumored to support HomeKit but then again, it might just be for the wired version. Nobody really knows at this point. I’ve contacted Eufy before and they’re pretty honest and prompt with their replies. Maybe try contacting them.

Another option may the Ring wireless version with a HOOBS hub. I have no experience with that but might be worth a shot scouring the internet for info.

Personally, if at all possible, I’d have the wiring and transformer installed on my home to accept a wired solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.