Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jclin10

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
I'm currently using a Dymo 450 printer, but their software isn't so great. I'd ideally love to print directly to my Dymo using macOS Contacts, but am wondering if that's the best way to print address labels.

Does anyone have any experience on the best hardware and particularly, software, for printing address labels well? Is Contacts the best way to go or is there a good alternative?

It's the holidays, so I have a lot of addresses to print!

Thanks in advance!

Jeffois

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
Wouldn't any Contacts app, (Mac Contacts.app, BusyContacts, Cardhop) do this?

Also, Word can handle Avery labels quite well. I don't use Pages, but I'd be surprised if it can't...

myxmptlx

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2018
I'm currently using a Dymo 450 printer, but their software isn't so great. I'd ideally love to print directly to my Dymo using macOS Contacts, but am wondering if that's the best way to print address labels.

Does anyone have any experience on the best hardware and particularly, software, for printing address labels well? Is Contacts the best way to go or is there a good alternative?

It's the holidays, so I have a lot of addresses to print!

Thanks in advance!
I like Labels & Addresses by Belight Software. Pretty intuitive, reasonably priced and their customer service is pretty spiffy.

stmsfo

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
I've been using the Dymo system (proprietary single-label printer) and their software, DymoLabel, for over 10 years. I'm currently using their LabelWriter 450 Turbo printer. The printer works extremely well -- I've always been happy with their hardware. However, their software is the worst consumer software I think I've ever used. It is completely opaque, non-intuitive, and doesn't follow the conventions of MS Word. It is incredibly frustrating. And, their software has not gotten any better over the years. I think I'm going to try Labels & Addresses software with the Dymo printer, which Labels & Addresses says they support. It's a bit of a hack, but the Dymo software is just the worst. It's a shame, because they could really own this market segment, if they had decent software!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.