Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Buggman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Edit:
TL;DR To put it simply, I want the audio and video from my capture device to play over my computer's speakers and monitor. What's the best way to make that happen?

Original Post:

I'm on an early 2008 Mac Pro 3,1 running 10.10.5. I've installed an Intensity Pro which I've been using to record from various devices for years, but I've never been able to, or needed to, simply watch from the device before.

Using various streaming software such as OBS, ScreenFlow, BM Media Express, and so on, I can preview the live video from the connected devices, but I can only observe the audio levels without hearing the actual audio. I'm looking to change that now.

I did do some research regarding this matter in the last one or two years and I think that I remember concluding that it may have been a driver issue with Soundflower in the version of MacOS I'm running. Otherwise, I should be able to use supplemental software to push the audio through my computer's speakers.

Would anyone happen to know if that's a problem only solvable by updated my OS? Or, perhaps, is there a piece of software out there that allows you to stream both live audio and video to your computer from a capture device with no delay?

Last edited:

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I have Audio, here is my setup:
Camera > hdmi out > BlackMagic Mini Recorder > Thunderbolt > Macbook Pro
Soundflower
OBS

Hx:
Lead in setting up live stream from multiple cameras, multiple simultaneous live broadcasts for the last four years.

The Buggman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
I have Audio, here is my setup:
Camera > hdmi out > BlackMagic Mini Recorder > Thunderbolt > Macbook Pro
Soundflower
OBS

Hx:
Lead in setting up live stream from multiple cameras, multiple simultaneous live broadcasts for the last four years.
And you're on Yosemite? What version of Soundflower are you using?

Edit: Are you also using the old Soundflowerbed app with it?

Edit 2: I tried an app called LineIn in the past, but it's since been retired and replaced with LoopBack which is more comprehensive and has better options which is great, but there's a small audio delay. There's a 20 minute trial version and a paid version and after trying it, I thought "Eh, this works well enough; I could spend $5-$10 on it." ...............$99. It costs $99. It's a slightly better version of a retired free app, it has an audio delay, and it costs –– *cough* Anyway, thanks to that, I was even more determined. I eventually solved my problem. I have live video and audio preview with no delay.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.