Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weezin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
I've recently upgraded from a Series 3 and was interested to learn that there are apps out there that can provide you with more watch faces than apple provides by default.

Does anyone here use these apps and third-party faces? If so, how do they work?

The app I came across is called "Watchmaker" and feels sorta poorly-designed, full of ads and kinda glitchy, which makes me hesitant to pay for anything on there.

Any suggestions?

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
I think these apps basically fake watch faces, such as providing a photo background that looks like a watch face, they are not real watch faces like the Apple ones. They also consume battery.
Others more familiar with them may correct me.

Reactions: haruhiko

weezin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Thanks all - that's what I figured, but I wasn't sure. I will avoid!

Ernie32767

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2017
Clockology is pretty good. The battery life might be a bit less, but still reasonable. It can keep the custom face for awhile, but eventually the standard face will be displayed again. It’s free unless you want weather data. The best faces have to be downloaded from Facebook groups.

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
Buddywatch is the only one I’ve found so far that offers actual faces that install into the Watch app as watch faces as opposed to watch wallpapers.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Buddywatch is the only one I’ve found so far that offers actual faces that install into the Watch app as watch faces as opposed to watch wallpapers.

It doesn’t. It’s just applying a specific configuration to a face you already have.

Reactions: Ladyc0524
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.