Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAngryKiwi

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2009
Auckland, NZ
I find it funny that people literally think that the features that Apple showed off in their 5 minute demo are the only new features.

QFT.

I'm waiting for next year, when Apple puts up that huge page they do for each OS revision (even the one for SL was pretty big) that lists all the improvements - big and small - on one page. Then I'll know whether it's worth my hard earned or not.

xshawn117x

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2010
So, basically, make it just like Windows? :confused:

Not necessarily, because GNU/Linux distros work pretty much the same deal such as quiting a window upon clicking the red x, maximizing the whole window, having a file management system which sorts everything alphabetically starting with directories at the top, and some GNU/Linux distros have some sort of cool desktop environment like in Fedora with KDE.

I'm a switcher, but I've also been using GNU/Linux distros as well before the Mac and one of the things I've noticed about Mac OS X is that it is quite powerful as an operating system, but not so user-friendly and/or looks plain. Just the default grey color of the menu bar and windows reminds of MS Windows 95 - 2000.

What I'm trying to say is that Apple has no taste in their desktop environment, it looks plain. The only way to change it is to modify a sorts of things instead of having some nice app that easily allows you to change themes, once again just like in Windows or GNU/Linux distros.

And from the looks of it as others have state it, Mac OS Lion doesn't seem much at all from Snow Leopard. I'm hoping it's not, but then again look at Leopard and Snow Leopard, pretty much almost the same. Most of anything was just under the hood changes, like all re-written OS to 64 bit.

LurchNC

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
What I'm trying to say is that Apple has no taste in their desktop environment, it looks plain. The only way to change it is to modify a sorts of things instead of having some nice app that easily allows you to change themes, once again just like in Windows or GNU/Linux distros.

I'm of the opposite mindset I guess. I find windows vista and 7 overly busy. I don't want my operating system "flashy". I want it neat and organized. To each their own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.