Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mca7

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Am I missing something? Is it just supposed to save you one step from clicking on the phone icon and then hitting the contacts button?

Yossarian

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2005
Simple reason is that every phone on the market (possible minor exageration) has a one button mechanism to get to the contacts list. I always thought it was clumsy to have to go into the phone app.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
No reason.

A double tap on the home button is much faster than any touch screen navigation and it brings you to the favorites list, which I personally use for 70% of my calls anyway.

The worst part? You can't bloody remove it!

sibruk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
UK+US
I personally think it's a good idea that it's at top level now. It's just a launch pad for engaging in any kind of communication with one of your contacts - phone call, text message, email, visit their website, etc.

Badandy, you could move it over to your 9th app screen if you really don't want to see it ;)

byron_hinson

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
I personally think it's a good idea that it's at top level now. It's just a launch pad for engaging in any kind of communication with one of your contacts - phone call, text message, email, visit their website, etc.

Badandy, you could move it over to your 9th app screen if you really don't want to see it ;)

Me too - prefer the one click option to get to the contact app now - especially when I want to add someone's number and address quickly

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio

I agree :D

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Because of things like MobileMe and synching up all these things together, it makes good sense to have a contact application that is comparable to the desktop contacts and the mobileme contacts.

Having people go into the phone and choose contacts would be a bit confusing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.