Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bj097

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
One day I was waiting for a call from someone during a specified time e.g. from 7:00pm to 8:00pm and at that time I was playing with my iPhone all the time, visiting different websites, shopping on Amazon, I DID NOT play any game. However, I was on WiFi but my phone card should be enabled.

I was playing with the phone while waiting for the call but I wasn't getting any calls, however, after a few days I happened to find that I had missed 10+ expected calls during that specified time.

The phone was not ringing at all.
The phone was vibrating at all.
Even if I carelessly turned off the sound but I didn't see any notification popping up at all, I was playing with the phone during that time and I was sure that I didn't see any incoming call notification showing up.

What's the possible problem? Did I carelessly make any strange setting which made this happen?
I wasn't in a dungeon. If I was in a dungeon and no call could be received, I don't think I would see those missed calls later in the record.

Reactions: compwiz1202

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
One day I was waiting for a call from someone during a specified time e.g. from 7:00pm to 8:00pm and at that time I was playing with my iPhone all the time, visiting different websites, shopping on Amazon, I DID NOT play any game. However, I was on WiFi but my phone card should be enabled.

I was playing with the phone while waiting for the call but I wasn't getting any calls, however, after a few days I happened to find that I had missed 10+ expected calls during that specified time.

The phone was not ringing at all.
The phone was vibrating at all.
Even if I carelessly turned off the sound but I didn't see any notification popping up at all, I was playing with the phone during that time and I was sure that I didn't see any incoming call notification showing up.

What's the possible problem? Did I carelessly make any strange setting which made this happen?
I wasn't in a dungeon. If I was in a dungeon and no call could be received, I don't think I would see those missed calls later in the record.
Ringer turned off by accident? Sound down?

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Ringer turned off by accident? Sound down?
But you would still see a notification unless that was toggled off somehow. And it couldn't be silence unknown because I don't think you have missed calls in the log then.

bj097

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Do you have “silence unknown callers” on? It’s under Phone in Settings.
Yes, I finally figured out that it was the reason. I tested it and now I am able to receive calls now. However, it is just blocking all calls if it is not in my contact. Is there any apps that will help block only suspicious calls from database while not blocking all calls which are not on my contact list?

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
There are a number of apps that can do that. Carriers also have services that are supposed to do the same. NONE of them are 100% reliable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.