Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleiPhUser12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2021
So I see this message when I text someone : Sent as text message, and when I send it, my bubble is green. It used to be blue. What does this mean? My previous texts say Delivered. Am I blocked??

lostPod

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2022
I would legit just send the same message you sent that turned green again and see if it turns blue. SMS is horrible and sometimes can repeat messages so it is understandable lol

Reactions: appleiPhUser12

appleiPhUser12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2021
I would legit just send the same message you sent that turned green again and see if it turns blue. SMS is horrible and sometimes can repeat messages so it is understandable lol
Yea tried that. Rest of my messages stayed green :( I think they block me.

• Sad
Reactions: lostPod

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
Could mean their reception's bad or they've gone airplane mode. Think you're probably the best judge of knowing the likelihood of being blocked.

Personally I was under the assumption that blocked would mean not even a sms going through. Certainly the recipient deleting the ph number will cause the current behaviour (green bubble).

tastesliketailpipe

Suspended
Jun 15, 2022
This is not what happens when someone blocks you. Stop giving wrong advice.

If you have an iPhone and try to send an iMessage to someone who has blocked you, it will remain blue (which means it's still an iMessage). However, the person you've been blocked by will never receive that message.

Recipient might as well changed their number altogether since they’re not replying - that’s why it’s not associated with the iMessage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.