Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EthanMiller

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
Even without a redesign, I consider it odd that they haven't compiled it against the ios 7 sdk, which would at least give us the new keyboard.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I really hope they don't make it look like the newstand re-design... that just looks horrible and poorly done. I rather they keep the wood bookshelf.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
There's been a few threads about this, and I'm on the fence. I'm liking the minimalistic features of iOS 7. But does iBooks really need to be updated?

Newsstand is awful in my opinion. (And the fact that you can't pinch to come out of it is annoying too).
So maybe keeping iBooks as it is inside the app, and updating it's logo to fit the feel of the rest of the OS. Because right now, iBooks isn't on my 1st page because it just doesn't fit.

Apple created a company where it's users expect nothing but perfect, so whatever update they make I suppose we'll moan until it is.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Even if they keep the wooden bookshelf it will still need a new keyboard, fixed status bar, and the outline-buttons. So, yeah, it does need work.

Very true. I was mostly refering to the overall aesthetics of iBooks and the skeumorphism or the app.
But you're right, it needs bringing in to line with the overall iOS 7 look and feel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.