Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
the red digital camera maker slated to release its 4k camera sometime in the next few months site has dramatically changed. looks like a brushed steel/spotlight/hal lookalike. apparently it is now counting down to something 12 days from now. too early to be nab, isn't it? maybe they are announcing it just before nab?

check it out

just a question: would this cam be the first cam capapble of shooting digital IMAX films?

update: using my advanced freshman high school math skills, i figured that it is counting down to april 20th at 9:13 in the morn (about +/- a few min, or more, based on how much i messed up on the calculations)

NAB: confrences: 22nd till 27th
expo: 24th - 27th

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
IMAX quality is obscene...I wouldn't expect to see digitally-shot IMAX stuff for a while...

virus1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
hmm... now it says arriving at nab 2006, so that clears it up. can't wait to see what is happening with this strange new company. it says they have been around since '99, but i haven't seen any other cameras from them.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
virus1 said:
hmm... now it says arriving at nab 2006, so that clears it up. can't wait to see what is happening with this strange new company. it says they have been around since '99, but i haven't seen any other cameras from them.

The company is started by Jim Jannard <sp?>, the guy who founded Oakly. I guess he's a weekend shooter/photograher and has decided there is a niche in the market he can fill.

The link post by SpAtZ gives a lot of RED info.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.