Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Ok what's up with this??? I have 32 units completed and the team list on seti@home's site says I only have 18!!!!:mad: :mad: What's going on!!!???:confused: btw, the last time on the list anyone returned a WU was Aug. 9th...:eek:

See:

Attachments

• seti@home  1.jpg
    seti@home 1.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 180

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
and on the team list:

[edit: heh...oops:eek: there seem to be other threads on this subject...I guess I just didn't see them...Oh well this is just another example and a place to reply to the problem...;)]

Attachments

• internet explorer  1.jpg
    internet explorer 1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 178

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
AH HA!!! I think I found the problem!!!:) LOOK!:

from seti@home's home page:
— August 9, 2002 —
Our SETI@home data recorder is currently being serviced.
We'll let you know as soon as it is up and running again.

Notice the date...August 9th...the last day anyone returned a WU according to the list...

backspinner

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2002
Eindhoven
Originally posted by MacMaster
Notice the date...August 9th...the last day anyone returned a WU according to the list...

News Report
The project Seti@Home has been ended by extraterrestial alians. They didn't like to be searched and disgusted the waste of computing power. A spokesalian said: "The universe is better served if the human race used their own intelligence for their own care. They better start FOLDING so that in the end they can cure their own problems in stead of annoying us."

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by backspinner

News Report
The project Seti@Home has been ended by extraterrestial alians. They didn't like to be searched and disgusted the waste of computing power. A spokesalian said: "The universe is better served if the human race used their own intelligence for their own care. They better start FOLDING so that in the end they can cure their own problems in stead of annoying us."
I will......Soon.....:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.