Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UnrealWhale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2019
A ton of IOS 13 bugs, hiccups, lock outs, etc. I love the new OS, but man this has to be the roughest launch of an OS in a long time by Apple. Far from flawless.

is an update coming soon? i hope so.

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
The negative reviews forced them to release 13.1 a week early and that could mean trouble too.

Reactions: twanj

Wpat81

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2019
I hope 13.1 fixes it iMessage search issue. I can no longer type a phone number in the search bar to pull up conversations. Pain when you use that for work all the time.

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
Assuming something like that even played into it on a meaningful level.

Sure I’m speculating but every review I read mentioned buggy iOS 13 and most recommended holding out. A tech journalist came across the revised 13.1 launch date and Apple confirmed later. Just connecting the dots.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sure I’m speculating but every review I read mentioned buggy iOS 13 and most recommended holding out. A tech journalist came across the revised 13.1 launch date and Apple confirmed later. Just connecting the dots.
Realistically that more or less describes how things are early on with most of x.0 releases.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
While it may be buggy, this is also the first public release of a major OS, so give it a couple versions to iron out all the bugs. But I also do agree, this one was rougher than last years.

UnrealWhale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2019
While it may be buggy, this is also the first public release of a major OS, so give it a couple versions to iron out all the bugs. But I also do agree, this one was rougher than last years.

Yeah that's fine but i've been around since day 1 and i gotta say this is one of the buggiest releases. Yes, our expectations are higher, much higher, but Apple is also, correct me if i'm wrong, a trillion dollar company lol.

They can literally afford 24/7 QC monkeys slaving away

there's no excuse.

Reactions: theinstructor

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah that's fine but i've been around since day 1 and i gotta say this is one of the buggiest releases. Yes, our expectations are higher, much higher, but Apple is also, correct me if i'm wrong, a trillion dollar company lol.

there's no excuse.
I don’t know, a lot of things like that have been said about iOS 11.0, or 9.0, 8.0, 7.0, for example.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017

there's no excuse.
Your standards are also too high, yes, Apple is worth a lot and can afford to employ many more developers, but they’re also all still humans and will make mistakes. And as a final point, software is software and will develop bugs no matter how hard you work to fix that. Cut Apple some slack.

Reactions: orbital~debris

theinstructor

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
A ton of IOS 13 bugs, hiccups, lock outs, etc. I love the new OS, but man this has to be the roughest launch of an OS in a long time by Apple. Far from flawless.

is an update coming soon? i hope so.
This is one of buggiest releases Apple has pushed out in a while. It is frustrating to have an iPhone 11 when the camera doesn’t work, Siri flat out does not respond to anything and reboots fail to correct it.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
I don't understand why they would release 13 if 13.1 is going to be released a few days later...
Also can we please go back where they released all their updates the same day/week? iOS, tvOS, macOS.

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for sharing those of you brave enough to get 13.0 - and worrying that 13.1 doesn’t seem much better.

Maybe 13.2 (the ‘new emoji’ release) will be the one to get? I still feel scarred from my iPhone 7 being ruined by iOS 11, so I’m being extra cautious.

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
Will be interesting to see if this story gets picked up nationally rather than just the forums and tech sites. Don’t remember much coverage of iOS 11 and that release was hot trash. I know it’s early and you expect bugs but this is a poor showing.

Reactions: thewhitehart

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
Agree.

Out of all the big iOS releases over the last few years, iOS 13 is the worst update to date.

As an Xs user, it’s just littered with bugs which is just laughable that Apple even decided to go ahead with it.

Reactions: thewhitehart

MrSimmo

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
Agree.

Out of all the big iOS releases over the last few years, iOS 13 is the worst update to date.

As an Xs user, it’s just littered with bugs which is just laughable that Apple even decided to go ahead with it.

Agreed! There are a bucket load of bugs for me, affected way more than previous releases:

- scroll quickly through photos and it crashes.
- reminders crashes with any shared lists
- safari doesnt render 50% of the websites I’ve visted correctly, the button to load desktop version is broken
- scroll up and down in dark mode in settings or any app with gaps between menu items and I get screen corruption
- smb in files doesnt work full stop
- photos doesnt sync properly between icloud and the phone
- notes crashes when i add handwriting
- when new emails arrive, they just show up as a black box
- typing this post into safari was half inside the box and half out

UnrealWhale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2019
Can someone tell me why my bluetooth device keeps askign to connect when it's already connected? the white square keeps popping up every few min

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I must say iOS 13 is pretty darn buggy. The notifications bugs are the most annoying for me. Hopefully 13.1 sorts most of this out.

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
This is the first release where I had to make a short list in Notes of the things I need to see fixed. There are plenty of obvious bugs that will surely get fixed, but I have a short list of more obscure things I gotta see fixed before I can consider it stable, at least for how I use the phone.

Here's to hoping that iOS 14 next year is feature deficient and just an optimization release like iOS 12. It's exhausting enough learning all the new features and settings and reorganizations of everything in a new feature-heavy release, and that's without the bugs. Sometimes you aren't even sure if the bugs are bugs or you just don't get how something is supposed to work.

LorQ1027

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
San Francisco, CA
Currently have an iPhone XS. Haven’t upgraded to 13.0 yet. Was wondering if it’s safe to do so now or should i continue waiting for 13.1? Afraid to mess anything up on my phone.

UnrealWhale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2019
Currently have an iPhone XS. Haven’t upgraded to 13.0 yet. Was wondering if it’s safe to do so now or should i continue waiting for 13.1? Afraid to mess anything up on my phone.
There's no system crushing bugs, at least that i have noticed. There's just some tiny stuff that is super annoying like Bluetooth trying to always pair with my beatsx over and over and over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.