Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brentonbrenton

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2002
i'm really interested to purchase an portable apple machine in the next month or two, so i checked out some prices at amazon.com

why does their site report that (from what i can see) all but one ibook model is 'This item is not stocked or has been discontinued'.

does this mean that updated models are on the way or are amazon.com genuinely 'out-of-stock'.

vibinc

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2002
Memphis, TN
what's up with amazon

Club Mac currently reports 1275 700 Mhz ibooks in stock.

I hate the way amazon works with anything but books.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
It's because laptops are becoming in short supply period. It has nothing to do with Amazon besides they or whoever they get them from probably doesn't stock many.

The short supply of laptops is usually a precursor to an upgrade and many people are taking it as a sign of that.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I had ordered 8 CDs from Amazon.com (7 used, 1 new) from Amazon.com, and I got the used ones in under a week. The new one was only 25 cents, and took longer to be delivered.

The only things I found to be a bytch with on the site were specific rules on how to use my gift certificate, and the S&H charges for each CD.

Usually, the MacMall, MacZone, MacConnection and MacWarehouse prices stay relatively the same, for whatever reason. Most other places will probably have something cheaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.