Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I have been trying to get Instagram to work correctly. I have sent numerous requests to them but I heard nothing back from them. Anyway here's my issues:

Facebook linked accounts: so I have FB app on the iPhone and logged in.... I have 2 Instagram accounts with one setup in linked accounts to post to a page I manage on Facebook. No matter what I do it always posts to my personal timeline. If I logout of FB on the app and re-link the Instagram account it never even brings up the FB dialog.

Twitter: I have setup my Twitter account in Instagram's linked accounts. When I hit the ... for a post in Instagram it never shows Twitter as a site to share to.

Tell me what am I doing wrong??

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Have you tried going to facebook.com from a PC/Mac and removing all associated apps (active and expired) from both accounts?

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.54.09 AM.png

If not once you do that get back on the phone in the instagram app unlink and relink facebook, however use the "Log in with phone or email" so you can be specific about the account.

IMG_5212.PNG

Instagram has to deal with privacy concerns from what you mentioned though. The obvious is private accounts, you aren't given the option to share them, natively. This should make sense because if my account is private I probably don't want someone publicly posting my content. Public accounts for some reason don't give you a Twitter option even to send a link too for some reason.

The point of the link is for you to share YOUR photos which is why you are given the option for your old and new photos.

IMG_5210.PNG

I would recommend doing a google search because there are some 3rd party apps/programs that can probably help you out some however most of options are generally for automatically sharing your content.

Attachments

• IMG_5211.PNG
    IMG_5211.PNG
    77.8 KB · Views: 194
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.