Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Internet Browser are you Using on iPhone ?

• Total voters

Spank7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2024
Greece
What Browser are you using on iPhone ?

If you have others that isn't included in the poll give us yours :)

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I use Safari, but occasionally install Edge which allows me to connect to “insecure” (http://) websites. This came very handy a month ago when I needed to connect to my WiFi router’s admin panel, which https: certificate expired, so other browsers simply would not let me in. Safari used to have an option to “continue to insecure website” or some such, but it had been removed now, which is a pity.

coffeemilktea

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2022
I still have Safari set as my default, but I've been using Edge a lot since the adblocker on it is really good.

clueless88

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2020
I primarily use DuckDuckGo browser app on my iOS devices. Have been using it quite a while. Last year they finally came out with a browser for Windows and use it on my desktop and laptop machines. I think they may have a MacOS version--not sure if it still in the beta stage.

I also have all of the default search engines on all of my browsers set to DuckDuckGo.

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
I use Safari, but occasionally install Edge which allows me to connect to “insecure” (http://) websites. This came very handy a month ago when I needed to connect to my WiFi router’s admin panel, which https: certificate expired, so other browsers simply would not let me in. Safari used to have an option to “continue to insecure website” or some such, but it had been removed now, which is a pity.
It's still possible with Safari. On the splash screen that shows up, tap "Show Details". Then at the bottom of the next page tap "visit this website". You will get one more warning after that, but will finally end up at the page.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
It's still possible with Safari. On the splash screen that shows up, tap "Show Details". Then at the bottom of the next page tap "visit this website". You will get one more warning after that, but will finally end up at the page.

I have tried, but it would not let me on iPadOS.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I hate Safari with all my heart on every platform/OS it will run on. And while I understand that on iOS it's the same engine underneath, I'll still not use it on my iPhone/iPad.

I use Vivaldi. Mac, iPhone and iPad.

rocketbuc

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2017
I primarily use DuckDuckGo browser app on my iOS devices. Have been using it quite a while. Last year they finally came out with a browser for Windows and use it on my desktop and laptop machines. I think they may have a MacOS version--not sure if it still in the beta stage.

I also have all of the default search engines on all of my browsers set to DuckDuckGo.
Same here. I recently deactivated Safari in parental controls and exclusively use DuckDuckGo on iOS. Search is already DuckDuck only anyway.

Reactions: bousozoku

Antares23

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2014
Chartres, France
Actually use Safari but I'm thinking about switching to Opera.
Made some test and it cames out on top versus Safari, Chrome, Brave and Firefox (Safari was the slowest tbh)

Sunset Cassette

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2021
Canada
I've been using Arc Search since it launched a little while ago. Really lightweight, blocks ads, simple and clean design.

I already fully converted to using Arc on Mac, and have been slowly integrating it into my Windows PC as the beta is getting more feature rich over time.

iHorseHead

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2021
I had to install Chrome, because I can buy train tickets. Their website doesn't work with Safari and I'm confused as in why, because it works on a Mac, but not on iOS.

Reactions: 17fox

Lex404

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US)
Safari. Which I don't really like it (can sync with my mac, can't sync with my pc).

But Edge and Chrome are both cluttered AF with all useless stuff for me. I just want a plain, simple browser that I can use across systems.

Spank7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2024
Greece
I was thinking switch to firefox since i'm using it on other machines but i suppose safari is lighter and more user friendly since its native ios nature.

Hows the other browsers on ios compared to safari ? 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.