Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLucas

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2011
Indiana
I like Iconoclasm due to the fact if i'm ever tired of looked at the standard icon arrangement on the springboard, I can easily switch it up ;)

grither

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2010
i like ifile which allows me to play movies and music off of a microsd card (through camera connector) which essentially expands the overall ipad storage space!

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
i like ifile which allows me to play movies and music off of a microsd card (through camera connector) which essentially expands the overall ipad storage space!

A bit OT, does the camera connector work with iPhone 4?

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
As a new iPad 2 owner this thread is torturing me, haha. Seeing all the fun jailbreak can make a bland iPad 2, and I have no way to JB. :-(

mokeiko

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Trueprint, direct printing from your iPad to a networked printer. I used Printopia but this required to be installed on another Mac and your Mac had to always be on in order to print.

mokeiko

Dav1

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
A bit OT, does the camera connector work with iPhone 4?

Yes, but you are limited to very low powered devices, I believe it is 10 ma or less, in effect only the SD adaptor works, to use the USB adapter you must add a self powered hub.....

hitekalex

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, USA
Yes, but you are limited to very low powered devices, I believe it is 10 ma or less, in effect only the SD adaptor works, to use the USB adapter you must add a self powered hub.....

Does iPhone need to be jailbroken to support SD Adapter? I was under impression Camera Connection kit only worked with iPad (power issues aside)?

Have you actually used SD Adapter with an iPhone?

man00

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2011
Planet theme (wallpaper) most of the others I tried were hit or miss far as running okay.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

TetherMe
AppSync

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Nospot has always been my favorite on my idevices but just downloaded TetherMe last night($4.99) and has to be by far my favorite yet. Love surfing on my iPad now instead of the iPhone. 3GUnrestrictor is also a good one if you want to use FaceTime over 3G or download/update larger apps outside of wifi.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
folder enhancer is pretty nice

Which one is the best? There are three that I can see. Free, 99¢, & $1.49.

My favorite is NoLock. I do not have to swipe to turn my ipad or iphone on. VERY cool. To me, this one app is the single main reason to JB. Apple should give us the option to swipe or not...it's a fundamental flaw IMHO.

Sbsettings, as others have mention, is indispensable, if only for the quick access to brightness. Also, to 2x tap the status bar to switch programs is critical to avoid using the annoying home button popper.

Infinidock is awesome.

MyWi - pretty obvious how important it is to share my signal with my other devices.

Bongolo

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2006
Hi lokerd,

can you or someone explain how to double tap to switch apps with Sbsettings? I cannot see this option!

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I have been trying out several Cydia apps on a Touch 4. Hmm.
I Always use sbsettings, no problems. But when I add others they all have glitches. I've slowly backed out of other apps I added due to conflicts.
Barrel seems to work okay.
lockinfo never keeps settings I set and is glitchy.
SbRotate is cool but seems to conflict with other apps.
I even removed the all in one Springtomize cause of all the conflicts and I couldnt isolate them.
I loaded a tv type off app and it stopped working.
I love what many developers are doing but not satisfied with implementation. If you have lots of hours you can probably isolate these issues. I'm not saying these apps are necessarily glitchy, but on my touch, 4.3.1 they are not glitch free.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Hi lokerd,

can you or someone explain how to double tap to switch apps with Sbsettings? I cannot see this option!

Sure, under the Activator settings, you can set what does what. Click on the Anywhere button, then scroll down to "Status Bar".

I have double tap status bar set to bring up the application switcher. Swipe right brings up sbsettings, swipe left brings up system settings. Swipe down brings up the home springboard.

Hope this helps.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

OrangeSVTguy said:
Nospot has always been my favorite on my idevices but just downloaded TetherMe last night($4.99) and has to be by far my favorite yet. Love surfing on my iPad now instead of the iPhone. 3GUnrestrictor is also a good one if you want to use FaceTime over 3G or download/update larger apps outside of wifi.

Ohhh AT&T hates you!

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
If you're a fan of the old command and conquer series, they released Red Alert. It's pretty cool to play on a touch device. Graphics are good too. Gameplay is not as crisp as the original so I'm hoping for a new C&C to come out. It's still worth the $4.99.

Edit:
Opps N/M this is a Cydia thread :eek: my iPad isn't even JB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.