Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
#1. A Modular Camera system
#2. A MicroSD card slot
#3. 4K HDR external display support at 120hz VRR
#4. Ability to use the iPad Pro As an external display Only
#5. A seemless magnetic case that charges via the Smartconnector

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
iPad Mini M2 with ProMotion, pretty please.
It would probably take them a bit (say, 2 or 3 years) to cram all that professional goodness in such a small device.

Oh, and my wishlist, from most to least priority:

1. Support for Mac Apps. Not macOS, but the ability to launch Mac applications like how AS Macs can run iPad apps.
2. Better cooling. Far too often does the screen go on meltdown when I run something intensive... I wouldn't mind a little extra chunkiness if it means my hands don't get third-degree burns from extreme activity.
3. SD card slot for bonus storage. Obviously apps couldn't be written to this, but useful for photos and docs.

That's all I have, really. Otherwise I have no complaints, and the current iPad gets a 9/10.

Last edited:

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I'm a brand new iPad user and I gotta say, the clock thing gets me all the time. I am constantly looking at my battery in the top right before shifting my eyes as I remember the clock is on the left.

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
What are the chances of something like Crossover coming to iPadOS 17? It would be cool to run Windows applications directly on the iPad without emulating any OS.

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
Honestly some better use of screen space and gestures that don’t repeat functionality.

For example on the desktop I swipe in from the left and summon the dashboard yet with stage manager enabled in an app I summon the shelves Instead. Where is the consistency?

If we are sticking with stage manager then I would like the desktop LH gesture to summon the shelves and the RH gesture to summon the dashboard. The dashboard should take up the whole screen, not just one row and include a notifications list as part of this. The current lock screen is a waste of space.

Cunir

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2021
They've got three sizes of iPad - mini, normal and pro - so I would like to see them turn the mini into more of an e-reader, using colour e-ink, and go up against the kindle. That's one product they don't currently have

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.