Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CC88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2010
Dear all,

I'm using Intel Power Gadget to monitor my CPU temperature under load (I'm doing some 3d rendering at low resolution and quality). Intel power gadget is marking a temperature of 82 celsius for the CPU.

It seems too high for me. Can you please confirm or tell me what's your temperature under big load?

And in the case, what's type of stress are you causing at your nMP?

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I don't have nMP, but as long as the CPU can stay at the max boost clock, then nothing need to worry about.

82C is nowhere near danger temperature for modern CPU. However, what you may need to care is performance. If the CPU is throttling, then the cooling system isn't doing the job well, and you should at least spin up the fan more and see if it helps.

Reactions: chabig and CC88

CC88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2010
I don't have nMP, but as long as the CPU can stay at the max boost clock, then nothing need to worry about.

82C is nowhere near danger temperature for modern CPU. However, what you may need to care is performance. If the CPU is throttling, then the cooling system isn't doing the job well, and you should at least spin up the fan more and see if it helps.

Thank you very much for your advice. Really helpful. I installed Mac Fan Control now and I changed my fan rpm to around 1500. Now the temperature is around 62 celsius and the air flow out of my machine is more cold than before.

Thank you very much. I think i will use mfc during my rendering to lower the temperature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.