Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Gboard. It's amazing.
Yes it is.

Google has become the best Ecosystem of all. They have a bevy of engineers dedicated to creating iPhone apps, and they're outdoing what Apple themselves create.

I use the full array of Google apps and services like Google Drive, Docs, Maps and more, they enhance the iPhone experience dramatically.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

thyttel

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2013
Yes it is.

Google has become the best Ecosystem of all. They have a bevy of engineers dedicated to creating iPhone apps, and they're outdoing what Apple themselves create.

I use the full array of Google apps and services like Google Drive, Docs, Maps and more, they enhance the iPhone experience dramatically.

Google eco system is only good if your from an English speaking country. Otherwise it completely blows really!

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
SwiftKey. I have been using it since I got an Android phone since my Samsung Galaxy S2 back in 2012

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Yes it is.

Meh and they can spy on you all day. I try to avoid using Google products as much as possible if given an option.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Any keyboards which put the number row on the top? I really miss that from my Note 7. Also any keyboards which have punctuation on the main keyboard? It's a pain to have to switch with shift every single time I need a punctuation mark. I know holding down the shift, or numbers key will let you slide to that number/symbol, but it's impossible to do that one handed.

Reactions: 2580285

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Any keyboards which put the number row on the top? I really miss that from my Note 7. Also any keyboards which have punctuation on the main keyboard? It's a pain to have to switch with shift every single time I need a punctuation mark. I know holding down the shift, or numbers key will let you slide to that number/symbol, but it's impossible to do that one handed.

Idk but I do like SwiftKey implementation of them all. Google is another good alternative

Reactions: spinedoc77

Canceled
Nov 2, 2016

Me too! Number row + comma on the left of the spacebar would be perfect, but just the comma key would be a great deal. Do you guys know of a third party app that lets you do this?

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I'm not really happy with Gboard now did I recently switch over to them. It happens a lot that I swipe something and it will come up with something completely different. I've turned off autocorrection but still it does show up a word that I definitely didn't type. I would really like to be liking Gboard as I did at first but now I'm at a point that I'm thinking going back to Swype.

Me too! Number row + comma on the left of the spacebar would be perfect, but just the comma key would be a great deal. Do you guys know of a third party app that lets you do this?

Check this topic. I did add a few keyboards with a number key row on them.
It seems unfortunate that those keyboards (iKeywi, SimpleKey, ai.type keyboard, ai.type keyboard Plus haven't been updated in ages though and therefore reviews don't look good at all.
On the iPad you do have this Path Input for iPad keyboard with a numpad next to the regular keyboard, however also that keyboard has been last updated in 2016. I can check if it still works. I bought it at the time on my iPad mini2.

They best options are keyboard which have a feature to use the top row of letters also as numbers.

Not sure about the comma request though.

Reactions: 2580285

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Nintype lets you have up to six extra buttons mapped to whatever on either side of the spacebar.

That is a good one. Nintype has loads of features I totally forgot about that one.
I have tried it many times but it's not really simple to use and the UI is really awfull I think.
I always come back to easier and more clear and simple options like Swype and nowadays Gboard.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Both Gboard and Swype constantly still have major issues that they don't show up in e.g. Safari or WhatsApp and you need to remove them from Settings app completely and re-add them to get them working again. The must be an iOS issue which has been there sinces ages. You can't tell me that has to do with the apps.

Booch21

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2010
I've been using Word Flow for some time and it's not bad. It works for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.