Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bansh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2014
Frankfurt
Hi guys,

Since 2-3 weeks WhatsApp shows "1 New Message from Name" and the message itself in an extra notification. So nearly each WA message creates two banner.
It doesn't matter if the screen is locked or the notification slides in from top.

You guys have an idea how to get rid of this issue or is it a iOS9 beta issue? I'm not sure if it started on the later betas but in B1 & B2 the issue was not there for me!

Anyone else has this issue too?

Last edited:
Reactions: braintumor

Trahearne

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
Try to toggle the notification settings in WhatsApp's Settings tab, especially the Show Preview option.

bansh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2014
Frankfurt
Tried that already! No success! :(
Also reinstalled WA, same issues. So if u don't have that problem its not an iOS 9 issue?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I have seen this at least once on iOS 9 - no preview in the notification - but not sure if it's consistent. I feel like I've seen previews too, at other times. And yes I have previews turned on in the app settings and haven't changed it recently.

Trahearne

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
Tried that already! No success! :(
Also reinstalled WA, same issues. So if u don't have that problem its not an iOS 9 issue?
I had this issue after I did a full restore in PB2, but toggling Alerts under Message Notifications and then Show Preview has solved this for me since then. It should be an issue in WhatsApp, since the contents of push notifications are determined by WhatsApp's server backend.

Last edited:

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I am getting a similar problem with telegram, where I was getting double notifications for every new message. Has stopped now.

Just the risks of running beta software which can break app compatibility, I suppose.

fmotta01

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
Same here. Double notifications issue with latest Whatsapp and iOS 9 beta 4 (also with beta 3)

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
same. especially annoying cuz now i cant see the message pn my Apple Watch either and have to take out the phone every few minutes

braintumor

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2010
Got the double notifications bug as well and its annoying as hell... Im on iOS9 public beta

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.