Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qsch1

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Hello, I followed various advice from WhatsApp support in regards to images and media automatically saving. I have been forced to trouble shoot this although all settings to save are turned off, as this is clogging up my photo library (every photo is saving, dozens every day).

1) I was told by support that I have to upgrade to the latest version of whatsapp
A) I did this and the problem is still persisting

2) I was told to completely uninstall the program then reinstall it
A) Still the images and media are all going into my library

3) I was told to wait until a new program is released to then install it and it would solve the issue.
A) This is months ago and no new program ie. my friend has the same one as I do, our settings are exactly the same and she does not have this issue.

All in all, I do not know what Whatsapp support is doing, as they tell me something new each time I ask for support in solving this issue. None of their instructions helped to solve this very annoying issue, and I am at loss at what to do.

As mentioned earlier, I checked all the settings and compared it with my friends phone and made sure that they were set up the same way. This problem as already and will continue to cost me weeks of sorting out my photo library whenever I clean up my images.

I would appreciate to get some advice and assistance in this matter! Thank you very much in advance...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.