Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Didn't really know where best to post about this but thought I'd share as I had no idea this was a thing!

So for Europeans, WhatsApp is huge, (I use it exclusively even when on iphone), but it's always a nightmare swapping between devices because of Whatsapp.

Well, now you can use WhatsApp on multiple devices!! I haven't actually tried it, but this could mean I could finally make 2 phones work... Which in itself is a danger 😳 as I really only need one device 😁.

Reactions: JiggyJaggy

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
Does anyone know if you can run WhatsApp on iOs and also "have a copy" of your messages on an android phone or does the second device also have to be an iOs device? TIA

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
Does anyone know if you can run WhatsApp on iOs and also "have a copy" of your messages on an android phone or does the second device also have to be an iOs device? TIA

The answer was right there two messages above yours and quoted in the previous message. In short, you can mix platforms.

alien3dx

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2017
Brilliant, thanks for confirming.
Now I have no excuse not to buy that sweet sweet yellow iphone 14. 🤣😑
Nice , we keep thinking of android phone with 120 hz screen and travel . The main problem of us , we hate lightning charging. Buying one iPhone 14 max it same like you buy 4 kinda medium high range phone these day.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Brilliant, thanks for confirming.
Now I have no excuse not to buy that sweet sweet yellow iphone 14. 🤣😑
I did always wonder why you didn't own more than one device. I just assumed you preferred to do trades or sales to keep costs reasonable and keep your gorgeous exquisitely decorated and curated spaces from getting cluttered. I have to admit, my nightstand looks like a display at Best Buy. 😆

Oh no so you're also obsessed with the yellow iphone 14? I admit I am, too. But I'd have to trade in my purple iphone 12 mini to help pay for it and you KNOW how I feel about that purple phone! It's funny how you and I get obsessed with the same colors.

• Haha
Reactions: Aneres11

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
Awesome now I can use a "weekend phone" (Moto Razr) without having to set it up each weekend! Love this feature - its made my day!!

Reactions: 5105973

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
I did always wonder why you didn't own more than one device. I just assumed you preferred to do trades or sales to keep costs reasonable and keep your gorgeous exquisitely decorated and curated spaces from getting cluttered. I have to admit, my nightstand looks like a display at Best Buy. 😆

Oh no so you're also obsessed with the yellow iphone 14? I admit I am, too. But I'd have to trade in my purple iphone 12 mini to help pay for it and you KNOW how I feel about that purple phone! It's funny how you and I get obsessed with the same colors.
Yep I LOVE the yellow iphone. Yellow is my favourite colour and the XR is one of my favorite ever iphones.

I really want the 14 in yellow but struggling to justify it. Even though I can use WhatsApp on both devices now ... :D

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Well thank you all very much. I’ve now just ordered a yellow iPhone 14. 😡

I secretly am excited 😜

Reactions: MarkX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.