Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gustavopi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Brazil
I decided to do this simple task: stop whatsapp from saving photos and imagens im my photos roll. I decided because when I open Photos, my camera photos are mixed with all images shown in whatsapp conversations.

So following instructions (Apple Brazilian Help) I opened WhatsApp settings and... the auto-saving option was already disabled! The help guy said something is wrong, WhatsApp should not be saving anything, better reinstall WhatsApp - make sense.

But before this, I did further investigations and discovered an option in Privacy part of System Settings. In Photos, I can manage app's access. Guess what: the WhatsApp option was disabled either!

Now, before performing any setup, uninstall, etc., I decided to go deep on this. I'm curious and worried - how can an app do things is not allowed to to by OS? Since I got no other issues, I did't see any security violation yet, it seams a simple bug... or not...

What can you tell me about, how can I put WhatsApp under control?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.