Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Worlrl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2020
Can anyone recommend a good app for the watch that supports WhatsApp so I can view massages, write and replay?
Thanks

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2018
Can anyone recommend a good app for the watch that supports WhatsApp so I can view massages, write and replay?
Thanks
You will automatically get WhatsApp messages on your Apple Watch, from where you can reply.

There is an app which lets you compose messages, before receiving one, but I forgot what it’s called.

rjalda100

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
I use WatchChat as well, it works well enough for my needs (viewing and replying to messages). The only downside is that the free version only supports up to 5 chats, you have to pay for unlimited. I'm amazed that it's been this long and there's still no official WhatsApp AW app

Reactions: Mr.C

BB.King

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
London UK
I tied Watch Chat 2 on my cellular watch ultra. But it seems the app only connects to WhatsApp if the watch is in range of the phone.

I like to leave my iPhone 13 mini at home and take my Galaxy Fold 4 and cellular Apple Watch as daily driver.

Am I doing something wrong that Watch chat don’t work when the phone is not nearby?

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I am hoping that they will inclcude at least the Callkit API from WatchOS9.
For now when someone is calling through WA only my iPhone is ringing. This is so annoying.

Reactions: jacklivehere
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.