Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JM

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
Hey.

Historically, when could we expect iOS 10 wallpapers to be leaked? (For serious. When were iOS 9 wallpapers leaked last year.)

Thanks, collective brain known as macrumor forum!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hey.

Historically, when could we expect iOS 10 wallpapers to be leaked? (For serious. When were iOS 9 wallpapers leaked last year.)

Thanks, collective brain known as macrumor forum!

When the first iOS 10 beta is released.

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
Actually iOS 10 first beta may have placeholder wallpapers. They get added and removed diring the beta cycle.
So whatever the changes, you will get them here at MacRumors.

Reactions: JM

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
my my, arent we assumptive?
Well, it's not that big of an assumption, you're knowledgeable enough to know when iOS betas are released, but you don't know that the wallpapers are released along with them?

Although, if we're being specific, recently, the first beta doesn't usually have all of the new wallpapers. Might have to wait until September.

Reactions: hojx and JM

JM

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
Well, it's not that big of an assumption, you're knowledgeable enough to know when iOS betas are released, but you don't know that the wallpapers are released along with them?

Although, if we're being specific, recently, the first beta doesn't usually have all of the new wallpapers. Might have to wait until September.
there, see? that wasn't so hard to contribute something intelligent to the conversation, was it?

the question was answered, and i appeciated it. you offered new information and i appreciate that, too.

Woodrocket offers nothing so he *** ** **** * **** :D
[doublepost=1456185863][/doublepost]
And I hope they add more 'water' wallpapers. Too many flowers.

i didnt like the 9 wallpapers that much; only a few i like.

I'm hoping for good things in new wallpapers.
[doublepost=1456186025][/doublepost]

sometimes its just the simple connections that people miss. because I'm bored I'll explain:

i didnt connect that the wallpapers would be released with the betas. sometimes smart people miss the details.

Reactions: ad5ll

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I agree, iOS 8/9 wallpaper have kinda sucked. iOS 9 removed all of the what I thought were pretty good. iOS 8 removed some good ones too. Sorta annoying but it's all better than the weird cloth patterns and faces and stuff with pre iOS 7. Even though it was almost impossible to have a wallpaper look bad with the skeumorphic design, it was just he pictures themselves I didn't like. iOS 7 and onward, it's so much harder to find a wallpaper that doesn't look disgusting because of the blurred dock and little contrast between icons and wallpaper.

JM

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
I liked the iOS 9 Wave wallpaper. Wonder why they got rid of it.
I bet because of licensing. whoever owned the photo didn't want to sell?

I have the wave saved off a google image search. idownloadblog or some other iPhone site has it as well as the older 8 and 9 and probably older. m

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I liked the iOS 9 Wave wallpaper. Wonder why they got rid of it.
Yeah it's weird Apple lately has been using different wallpapers for when they first unveil/advertise a new major iteration iOS compared to when they actually release to the public.

iOS 4/5 both had the gray water drops the whole way through I believe.

iOS 6 had the blue ripples. I loved that wallpaper except it always looked pixellated to me, I don't know why. Also a little washed out but a touched up version that I use looks awesome imo. Looks the best with skeumorphic UI though.... :(

iOS 7 had the blue galaxy wallpaper the whole way through.. It was okay.

But iOS 8 had the underwater wallpaper when it was first introduced, then it released with the gray snow mountain wallpaper. Loved both to be honest. Still use them occasionally to this day. iOS 9 as we all know was introduced with the dramatic green/blue wave over the whole screen, but then was released with the weird whatever it is now. Looks a little bit like fish scales. Interesting, but tired of it already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.