Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevrani76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
I waited 5 hours yesterday at the Regent Street store. Was at the activation point with the phone in my hand, but after the systems crashed a 5th time during the credit check, I had to leave for work :(

My question is, do we have to wait for the store to contact us, or can we go in early and try and get our reserved phones activated?

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I spent eight and a half hours in the Bullring store yesterday.

In the end, O2 had to phone up the store and arrange the contract with the customers one at a time. Mine was only the 4th phone to be completed during opening hours. As I left the store, a few of the people who were in line with me at 8 o'clock in the morning but had to leave for work, were returning to the store to try and get their reserved phones. No one in the store could give them any assurances that they would get their phones before closing time.

I eventually managed to activate the phone in iTunes but I am still waiting for O2 to activate the SIM card, so can't use it as a phone yet.

Never mind, at least I've got a nice white iPod touch to play with until it is activated :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.