Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
God damn Athlon users bumped us down, okay thats it! :furious:
I'm installing folding on all my computers and the ones at my school. (The tech stall is SOOOO stupid)
Gah.
Tell me how they bumped us down, they have less processors in a week, damn. Lets get the Cray server and eMac lab kicking into high gear, Start overclocking people.

Pull out all the stops!
[/rant end]

With my calcuations in about 3 years I can pass most of you. ;)

yzeater

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2002
Do you think I can install folding on computers at my school (like would they have a problem with it)? We use 800mHz - 1.8gHz computers...I could easily get it running on twenty

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Well it all depends if you run can get it to run in the background or at startup.

Because most the Pcee's in my school have Fortress on it and I'm unable to dis-able it easily, but on the macs FoolProof is like so easy to delete so I'm gonna install it there.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Originally posted by MrMacman
Well it all depends if you run can get it to run in the background or at startup.
If you install on PCs, they should automatically have shortcuts directly in the startup folder. Otherwise you could try dragging the folding program directly into the start-up folder in the start menu. That works for XP and no Fortress-esqe programs.

Give it a shot, and make sure either it's really discrete, or ask the teachers running the lab for permission.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by MrMacman

Because most the Pcee's in my school have Fortress on it and I'm unable to dis-able it easily, but on the macs FoolProof is like so easy to delete so I'm gonna install it there.
at ease was the first mac security i broke back in 95' in JH. HS I moved on into foolproof. more power to your non-destructive hacking. :)

you might try a key logger program with fortres and fake you have some kind of problem on your computer. get the password that way.

just don't get caught or you'll be a target forever thereafter.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Yeah I tried to open folding after I d/led it and it said I didn't have enough permission (wow that sounds like OS X) on the Pc's and I didn't get to test on the OS X comps...

Running a keylogger is a good idea, but i don't know any.
I can access Windows, C Drive but not the control panels (I belive it is hidden). So there... :(

Any help is great since I'm gonna help to you guys anyway. :D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
We go up, we come down but we almost always stay the same. :)

I'm getting a new 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 machine with WinXP at work, and I hope to be able to add folding to that machine which might help a little (more than my G3/400 anyway).

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
hehe, yeah but acually we are on pace to outpace about 1 other teams the university of AL, but our output is steadily decreasing... donno why.

I checked the stats. The althon team will keep moving up but were gonna outpace some others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.