Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I have plenty, but I just found myself browsing the Apple Store app for more.

Bloody hell, this is addictive!

How about you?

Are we nuts? :apple:

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2004
When I realized I had 11 bands before my watch arrived :D In fairness to myself I find I like Milanese Loop and some braided nylon stretchy things. Nuts; maybe. Probably.

Closer to yes when I'm shopping for watch bands that go with an Ultra 3 that hasn't been announced yet.

Tom

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
When I realized I had 11 bands before my watch arrived :D In fairness to myself I find I like Milanese Loop and some braided nylon stretchy things. Nuts; maybe. Probably.

Closer to yes when I'm shopping for watch bands that go with an Ultra 3 that hasn't been announced yet.

Tom
Haha.

Love it, Tom.

Tommy (👍🏼)

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I’ve become addicted to buying new straps.

My latest being the light pink Solo.

Only arrived yesterday, and I’m already looking for others.

How about you?

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2004
While I'm sitting here in dialysis, getting bored with Twitter, and having run out of coffee, I bought another watch band from Amazon. It was another stretchy braided band (rapidly becoming my favourite type b/c of comfort and the ability to get them really tight on my increasingly skinny wrists) except this one has a magnetic clasp, which I really love - and in jet black 9favourite colour). Cheap, as in $15 Cdn

0sRdC5Vm.jpg

Tom

• Love

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
While I'm sitting here in dialysis, getting bored with Twitter, and having run out of coffee, I bought another watch band from Amazon. It was another stretchy braided band (rapidly becoming my favourite type b/c of comfort and the ability to get them really tight on my increasingly skinny wrists) except this one has a magnetic clasp, which I really love - and in jet black 9favourite colour). Cheap, as in $15 Cdn

0sRdC5Vm.jpg

Tom
Hello Tom.

Just wanted to offer my condolences, regarding what you must be going through.

The strap looks nice, although black is my least favourite colour. You deserve to treat yourself, so go for it.

Get well soon.

Tommy

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2004
@The Cockney Rebel Thanks

I’m one of the patients who has always responded well to dialysis, and I can pretty much eat what I want (fortunately I love Vindaloo’s, Naan and seafood) and still drink coffee. Fortunate enough to have worked in Human Renal Pharmacology for 7 years and Animal Science for 20 years. So I know what is safe to eat, how much - and I can balance multiple nutrients. i do have to watch my total fluid intake; but that’s what espresso is for.Oddly, Red Bull is 100% safe for me to drink (it contains Citric Acid not Phosphoric Acid like in Colas). Stopped alcohol consumption about a year before I began dialysis and I don’t smoke ciggy’s.

The only thing that really guts me is not being able to own dogs, b/c it would be irresponsible of me to own a dog that I couldn’t carry - and I really wanted another mastiff. So I’ve become a cat person (3 at the moment and a nurse is giving me the pick of the litter as soon as it’s old enough to leave it’s mother to make 4).

So everything is as good as it can be.

Tom

Last edited:
  • Love

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Just ordered the new mint sport loop.

Was also going to order a new Nike sport loop, but managed to resist it.

This has become an addiction.

• Love
Reactions: Thomas Davie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.