Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamSoft

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2002
Rockford, MI
:( :confused: :( :confused: :(

That last rumor I heard about the new DDR 1.25GHz PowerMacs shipping was mid-September...well it's mid-september now, and still no word.

I orderd mine the day they were announced!! I'm sick of waiting!!!

can anyone offer some rumors/speculation on this subject? Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

thanks,
-Nate

void

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2002
Not here
They are supposed to ship anywhere from October 1st to November 1st. I'm sorry but that is all i know. If i ordered one of those I'd be just as anxious.
-vjv

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Here in Oz, first shipment is week 4 in August and we ALWAYS have WAY less than the US.

I feel your pain... I would be SO pissed off.

cap

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2002
Seattle
G4 shipping date

I ordered mine the day after the hardware was announced and yesterday I was told by my online retailer that they would start shipping the first or second week in Oct. after a delay was announced by Apple. I dream of the man/woman in brown knocking at the door.

cap

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, I really do feel your pain.

It took 3 weeks for my TiPB to be built and shipped last October. Since its came out of Taiwan, it takes a while, even if you get faster shipping. And I had to get another TiPB from Apple because the 1st one was stolen off the docks at FedEx! So after all the investigation and back and forth between Apple and FedEx, a new one was ordered and I eventually got it in December.....not fun!

D

cap

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2002
Seattle
Not a custom build

I avoided any custom features from Apple to avoid any delays but even the standard 1.25 appears to have been delayed. (Someone suggested so that Apple could include Bluetooth)

cap

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2002
Seattle
G4 Delivery Update!

Apple confirmed shipment to ClubMac this morning. 150 G4 1.25 boxes are in route. Should arrive early next week. 100 of the 150 are sold, including mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.